Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm just so..sniff sniff...emotional

After a breakdown IN the actual Babies R Us store concerning strollers, Josh and I finished our registry for Parker this weekend.
(Note: Said breakdown was on my part, not Josh's, but some how I bet you could have guessed that. I've been having many breakdowns lately).

Then I was sitting at work and couldn't quite remember what week I am in in my pregnancy...so I looked it up and got a bit freaked out...
Check out the info:

You due date is Wednesday July 2nd 2008.
152 days have passed since the conception,and you are 114 days before your due date.
You are
23 weeks into your pregnancy,and you have 17 weeks to go.

57% of your pregnancy has passed, there is 43% left to go.

114 days!?!?!? WTF!?!? Nearly 60% of the pregnancy has passed?!!?!? Seriously? How?
April 12-ish I hit the Third Trimester!
Wow, if ever there was a time for a calming margarita, it is now...if ever there was a more inappropriate time for a calming margarita, it is now!
Yike!

Another breakdown I had this weekend concerned a show on the Discovery Channel. No it was not one of those birthing shows. I do watch those, but I watch it the way you would watch and instructional video before you try to, oh I don't know assemble a car or something. I actually practicing pushing, but not too hard, I don't want anything to actually...happen.

Anyway, I was watching Untold Stories of the ER. They have everything on there from gun shot victims, to people to ate toilet paper on a dare, to standard broken bones. The birthing show I had just finished watching was ending and they were teasing the upcoming episode of Untold Stories of the ER. (Remind yourself: This is just the teaser, not the actual show. AND I was folding laundry, so I wasn't even really watching this, I was just hearing it.)
It seems there was an accident and a mother and her son were in a car that got the brunt of the collision. The mother was being taken by ambulance to a local hospital and they were prepping the boy to get on a helicopter since apparently he was more severely injured. The mom was screaming trying to find out where they were taking him so she could tell her husband where to go. She was screaming the boy's name, screaming "I love you!"
This whole thing happened in about 10 seconds, because it was a PREVIEW, that I WASN'T even watching.
I started b-a-w-l-i-n-g. Like uncontrollable, can't catch my breath sobbing.
I realize how insane this is since I DIDN'T even SEE the preview. I called my mom to relay this insanity. I was laugh/crying at this point and trying to tell her what had just happened, the crying started again!
Josh walks in after running some errands and has the horrified look on his face because he sees me on the phone, crying. Then he starts listening to what I am actually saying and goes about whatever it was he was doing.
After I calmed down and got off the phone, I asked him if he knew why I was crying. He said, "I heard most of what you told your mom, and it sounded pretty ridiculous, but what exactly was it?" I told him, started crying again...

1 comment: