This is likely my last post as a 20-something. For on Friday, July 16 I will turn 30, which is 100% a-ok with me. In fact, when I was 19, I just told people I was 20 because to me 19 sounded so lackluster. I’ve always been a bit ahead of schedule.
A list to celebrate my birth:
1. I have some gray hairs and I am ok with it. I cover them up with whatever dye-in-a-box is on sale, but I am ok with the gray. Incidentally a friend of mine who is blonde once asked me why I dye my hair from stuff out of a box. Oh blondie- when those of us with dark locks sprout not so dark locks, we must cover them post haste and this bloggers budget can't keep up with salon prices. Sadly.
2. I can hold my head up proudly and say I do not like “The Eagles” (the band or the team) nor do I like “The Who”- Josh says this makes me un-American.
3. My 20's brought me the following joys:
• Marrying Josh
• Buying our family's house together
• Having a job I actually like
• A Masters degree
• Post undergrad cross country trip
• My first (hopefully of many) trip to Europe
• Birkram Yoga
• Body Wraps
• A love of all things pedicures
• My love for ice cream was replaced by intense feelings for all things Italian Ice
• Running- I won't say I love it, but it's a darn good workout
- 2 NKOTB concerts
• I want to go to a Van Morrison concert
• Visit Italy, Greece, Ireland (again), and any other place that will have me
• Continue to encourage Pman (and any subsequent kiddos) to become happy people
• Possibly purchase an actual minivan- I'm still not sure I can actually do this. I am due for an updated vehicle. I told Josh (and now you lovely people) that I want a SUV, but I feel like- how can the Minivan Lover purchase an SUV? It's like I am some kind of fraud.
• I desperately want to do one of those zip-line things over the treetops of a jungle
• Drink good wine (or at least decent wine) with the people I love and the people who love me, (Sometimes, if I'm lucky, there is a lot of overlap in these two groups.)
• Work on being more patient, with myself and others
• RUN 6+ MILES IN THE BALTIMORE MARATHON as part of a relay team. I want to run it all without stopping.
• Perfecting my homemade guac recipe
5. If my 30's at least match my 20's, I will be in a very good place.
What did you think I was going to do a list of 30 things? Please, I'm already getting annoyed with myself.
Thanks for reading!