Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Clear the Air

In my last post I wrote about being disappointed in myself for my last run.  I have been getting some interesting feedback about that post.

I just want to clarify that I do think it is amazing that I completed a half marathon (13.1 miles).  I am very proud of myself for that.  While I was training though, I reached a mile speed that was 2 or 3 minutes faster than what I did on race day. 

That is beyond frustrating.

Think cutting into a turkey on Thanksgiving Day only to find it is still raw in the center despite slow roasting in a oven since 5a.m.

Or, if you teach your kids over and over not to hit and they go to a play date and you have to leave early because they cannot keep their hands to themselves.

The one instance is not indicative of your ability and that is frustrating.

In truth I only missed my goal time by about 4 minutes.  Better hydration and well timed potty breaks will get me those minutes back in my next one.

I am in no way ready or willing or thinking of giving up on running.  I don't expect to be fast.  I just expect to run the race I know the I am capable of running.

As proof that I am a-ok, here is a picture of me with my medal, looking very proud if I do say so myself.

In other news, it seems CBL has taught herself how to fart on command. 

I am not someone who generally finds farting or fart jokes funny. 

In extreme, unexpected circumstances, like if the President of the United States (any one of them) farted while giving the State of the Union, I would probably laugh. 

Generally that's not my humor style.

However, CBL seems to think farting is comedic genius. The more appalled I seem, the harder she laughs.  Of course, Josh and Pman only encourage this outrageous behavior.

In this case, I do feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.

No comments: