Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Angel

Fact: The name (or a derivative of) Angel has been in my family for 5 generations.  CBL is the 5th one to be exact.

Fact: Once, when I was in my early 20's I went to a psychic.  Throughout the reading, she said some eerily accurate things.  As soon as I sat down, before I even said my name she said, "I see a child around you.  The child is always with you. Always."
We attempted to troubleshoot a bit, but came up empty.  She said the meaning would uncover itself in the reading. 

I had a little brother who was born very sick and way too early, when I was about 12.  He spent a few days in the NICU.  We lost him within days of his birth.

Apparently the child the psychic saw was my brother.  She told me that he is always with me and he will come back as one of my own children.

Very eerie, especially if you know P-man's birthing story.

About this time last year Pman asked me about Angels.  Honestly, I do not really remember the conversation.  I think we got on the topic because of the song "Halo" by Beyonce.  I told Pman what Angels were and that was that.

This past Sunday Pman and I were coming home from grocery store.  Out of left field he says, "Angles are here to protect us.  They love us and want to keep us safe.  They are all around."

With a very large lump in my throat I asked, "That's right.  Can we see Angels?"

He said, "Some times, but not always.  The boys wear ties and the girls wear bows.  They want us to be safe because they love us."

I asked, "Do we know the Angels?"

He said, "Some times."

When I asked him where he heard all this he said, "From you, Mommy."

When he is a teenager and I feel like he doesn't listen to or care about anything I say, I will try hard to remember this moment. 

This conversation with my 4 year old on the way home from an exhausting trip to the grocery store, swept every bit of air out of my lungs.  Not only did he remember what I said, he had clearly reflected on that conversation and expanded his understanding.  I know this because I surely never told him boy angles wear ties.






1 comment:

mom said...

They have to wear ties! How could you ever tell the girls from the boys since they all wear flowing gowns? Parker is one special little guy.