Friday, June 18, 2010

Bliss (?)

Blink. Blink. Yaaaaawnn. Stretch. Yaaaawn.

Ahh it's 8:30a.m., not 7:30.

I did not wake up thinking, "I have 5 minutes to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth before he gets up."

No one woke me up in the middle of the night with bad dreams frights, teething issues or just because they damn well felt like it.

I did not have to change anyone's pee soaked diaper and then wrestle that certain someone into an outfit for the day, or at least until he spilled his breakfast on it.

Inside, I allowed myself to lay in bed a bit and wake up slow. Then I went into the bathroom inspected my face, flossed and brushed my teeth. I headed into the closet to figure out what to wear for my morning run.

I ran outside. Without pushing a stroller full of bored, whining toddler. I did not have to stop because shoes needed to be removed, then out back on, then removed again. No one begged to be released from the grip of the stroller so they might be able to play in the sand or the water or the sand and water.

Today Josh and I will run errands, eat lunch and go to a 30th birthday party of one of my best friends without a second thought. No diapers to change. No nap to schedule around. No sitter to debrief before we depart.

Parker is lucky enough to have grandparents who love him TREMENDOUSLY.

He is at their house now, so Josh and I could get some stuff done around here and go to a party tonight. Pman has spent time at their house many times before. He does great when he is there. J and I enjoy the quiet, but we miss our Parker.

No Parker also means I did not wake up to the happy giggles from his crib that I usually hear as I open his door in the morning. I also missed hearing him say, "Mommy!" with sheer delight.

We did not sit on the couch together this morning with our standard issued milk (him) and coffee (me) and watch Blue Clue's.

I ate a Fiber One bar and drank a hurried glass of water, in silence, before my run. This replaced my normal routine of Fruit Loops (him) and Mini Wheats (me) at the table while we listen to Toddler Tunes on the TV.

The toys are put away nicely, not scattered around haphazardly.

This is nice, but tomorrow, when I am back with Parker in his world of laughter, chaos, crushed cookie and sticky lollipops, the world will be right again.


Until then, one last good sttttrrreeeetttch!

2 comments:

lynsey said...

lollipops...sticky, gooey, and somewhat icky. he had one at work today. It's very much fun when he and mom visit, but today he, mom, dad, ian, and meghan were all there....... I stayed until 6pm and put off my work for tomorrow, enjoying every one of them instead :) made my day.

lynsey said...

In short, I love that little shorty oh so much