Sunday, June 13, 2010

How Does Their Garden Grow?

Confession: I cannot and do not garden. I'm ok with it.  I have other talents like lounging on the beach with Pman, sitting quietly while getting a pedicure and laughing without abandon at all thing The Soup. In my fantasy life Joel McHale and I are BFF's.

I do have an aloe plant that has been in my family for a long time. I know that sounds weird. My dad had cancer for the first time when I was about 10.  One of his treatments involved radiation. My mom grew an aloe plant and when my dad would come home from the treatments, she would cut off a spiky stem, slice it long-ways and rub it on his chest, letting the soothing goo comfort him.

My sisters and I all have little off shoots of this plant.


Truth be told keeping an aloe plant alive is very easy. It's like a cactus. A little water, a lot of sun and you are good to go.

Other than that, I am terrible at keeping plants alive. I hear hydrangeas are easy, but I killed them. Pansies? Yep, dead too.

In our house Josh does the gardening. He has several potted plants in our front yard. Every day when he comes home from work, he grabs Pman and they go check the plants together. This is one of my favorite things and I have nothing to do with it.

Tonight, we will dine on green beans that my guys grew for us. THAT, is love.
















                             








How does MY garden grow?
I'm not sure, but it is happening very fast.

3 comments:

Mad Mrs. E said...

I see you have the new valence's up. I'm gonna have to come over and judge them.

kthxbye

Eternal Lizdom said...

Hi! Found you through... Away We Go, I think. As I'm reading, it looks like we have a lot in common so I'm eager to get to know you better!

Minivan Lover said...

Hi there! Nancy (Away We Go) is a great friend of mine. Always glad to meet a fellow blogger! :)